The Road2Resilience website, launched as part of the nation’s commemoration of the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, is the digital manifestation of a very big idea: building the reflexes and instincts necessary at every level of American society to respond quickly and wisely to future crises. Road2Resilience is sponsored by the Center for National Policy, VOICES of September 11, in cooperation with the Community and Regional Resilience Institute and support from the Rockefeller Foundation. (Visit our Sponsors page for a full listing of our generous benefactors).
Drawing on the policy lessons of the past decade and the momentum generated by our partners’ founding event, the 9/11 Tenth Anniversary Summit: Remembrance, Renewal, Resilience, held on Sept. 8, 2011 in Washington, D.C., Road2Resilience aims to advance the cause of national resilience by highlighting innovative ideas in emergency management, homeland security and crisis planning. With daily recommended readings, blog posts, Twitter and Facebook feeds, Road2Resilience tracks the policy debate at every level, from the international to the individual.
Support: To make a donation or get involved in the Road2Resilience mission, contact Sean Burke at SBurke@centerfornationalpolicy.org or call 202-682-1800.
Feedback: To comment on any piece of content on the Road2Resilience website, or to suggest topics for future coverage, send email to email@example.com
Postal Address:Road2Resilience c/o The Center for National Policy Office of the President 100 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Suite 333 Washington, DC. 20001
- CENTER FOR NATIONAL POLICY
- The Center for National Policy is an independent think tank located in Washington, DC focused on national infrastructure, national and homeland security and resilience issues. Entering its third decade of service, CNP is serving as a catalyst for insightful dialogue and informing pragmatic policy solutions on these critical issues. Read more on the CNP website.
- VOICES OF SEPTEMBER 11th
- VOICES of September 11th provides information, support services and annual commemorative events for 9/11 families, rescue workers and survivors; commemorates the lives and stories of September 11th; promotes public policy reform on prevention, preparedness and response to terrorism, building bridges between international communities changed by terrorism. Read more on the VOICES website.
- COMMUNITY AND REGIONAL RESILIENCE INSTITUTE
- The Community and Regional Resilience Institute (CARRI) believes that resilient communities are the foundation of a strong and resilient nation. Community resilience encompasses an entire community (physical infrastructure, economic and social capital, natural environment, and systems/essential services) and its ability to resist and/or rapidly recover from extreme events. Read more on the CARRI website.